Thursday 3 March 2011

James Ensor


  
I have been referred to the artist James Ensor when presenting my work to a tutor. It has changed my paintings slightly in the process. Ensor was one of the fathers of the expressionist movement and loved to paint the absurdity of life. His paintings and themes were a revelation to me as I now feel my work owes a lot to him.

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=james%20ensor&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=839

There are just too many great paintings of Ensor's to display here so just go to google images through the link.

Oh and the last painting I have posted was painted on a thrown out desk surface, you can get some really smooth strokes from them.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work mate, since that owl painting in your front room your style has really come into its own.

    i love the subject matter aswell, Id like to see how you interpretate other things aswell, looking forward to seeing more.

    I agree with the desk thing, though I havent tried using a desk my self I dislike painting on canvas, I prefer planks of wood or cardboard mulch type stuff like the backing of photoframes.

    Marco.

    ReplyDelete