Thursday 3 February 2011

I Just Lost My Blogging Virginity


Hi guys, Felix Smith here on his first blog no doubt, let me get straight to the point.

This is the start of a series of large paintings I am attempting to create (with varied results!) I am looking at banal traditions, well traditions that I think are banal, to each their own I guess. The painting I have put up is simply acrylic on canvas. I am trying to get my own painting style down as I'm growing weary painting in a more realistic manner. If I have to pick influences currently possessing my left hand I would say Paula Rego, Francis Bacon and Gunther Von Hagen (he's not classed as an artist but look him up)


Here is some music I did for the painting as well, description on the link.

 

1 comment:

  1. Wel as far as losing ones virginity in the world of blogging goes this is some rather advanced hot steamy shit.

    Its great to see this stuff as clearer images rather than the 5 or 6 DPI images I saw on your phone. Keep posting, this is good stuff.

    ReplyDelete